On 2017-08-07 15:32:33 (+0200), Benny Kjær Nielsen <mailingl...@freron.com> wrote:
On 27 Jul 2017, at 11:06, Esteban Umerez wrote:
Is there a way to automate the saving to pdf part? I’m thinking about this: I tag a message with a tag like ‘Print’, on received messages or even while I’m writing a new draft, and that tag triggers some script that opens the Print dialogue and saves the message to PDF, in my Actions Folder.

Is there anyone who knows if this is possible or has some similar workflow? Maybe a mailbox Rule that watches for tags and runs a command?

It would certainly be possible to create a bundle command which is executed when adding a tag, but the hard part is to automate the printing. That is, you can easily send a file to printing using the `lp` command, but you first need to convert the `.eml` file to something nicer like the `pdf` file generated by MailMate before printing. So, the missing feature you need is to be able to tell MailMate to export a `.pdf` file instead of the raw `.eml` file. Alternatively, see if you can locate some third party command to do this conversion.

[enscript](https://www.gnu.org/software/enscript/) is a good tool for this. I would love to be able to pipe email from MailMate to ``enscript`` for printing!

Philip

--
Philip Paeps