On 7 Aug 2017, at 17:12, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

On 7 Aug 2017, at 9:54, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

I *think* it would be possible using AppleScript. Maybe even by simply sending a “Return” to the front-most window (although you might want to “hit” a “Cancel” button depending on the problem).

I'll have to experiment with that. Is there any way, in AppleScript, to know which dialog box is pending?

I'm pretty sure AppleScript allows you to query various parts of the window such as the title and the button titles.