I've always used snippet expansion for entering signatures. TextExpander is my preferred app, but you can also use the system text replacement (System Preferences → Keyboard → Text-tab).

Of course, you still have to remember to type in the shortcut, but something like sig1 or sig2 soon becomes muscle memory.

-erik