On 21 Jan 2018, at 1:39, Bill Cole wrote:

My understanding (I hope Benny will correct me if I'm wrong) is that adding this to MM would require a lot of work because the HTML capabilities MM has are largely outsourced to the OS and the embedded Markdown interpreter.

Just to be clear: MailMate does not let the user *edit* the HTML, but MailMate does allow the user to embed the HTML in a reply/forwarded message. This works, more or less, just like other modern email clients. In MailMate, it is done by using an external script (Premailer) to rewrite the HTML/CSS to get a piece of HTML which can be inserted into the HTML generated by MailMate (either by doing plain text to HTML or Markdown to HTML conversion).