Jem,
 As for moving emails, I've done it the simple way: in my email client
I've just dragged the emails from the account I had with one provider to
the account I have with the other provider.
I've done that before too when moving mail between different accounts. What I'm
a little unsure about is when I'm moving the same account to a different
server. I've had bad experiences in the past when syncing mail to a new server
in that it just deletes the existing mail in the client when the server syncs
first time. But perhaps I'm just overthinking it ...

Ian