On 19 Jun 2018, at 9:31, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 13 Jun 2018, at 16:34, Eric Sharakan wrote:

Like many folks, I receive periodic mails from certain senders (weekly digest emails, sale info, etc). Is there a way to set up a rule or something that, when looking at a message, I can instruct MM to delete all prior messages from the same sender in the current mailbox?

That's a very specific feature request :)

I did not intend this to be an actual feature request, but just to ask if anyone had already come up with a recipe to accomplish this.

Usually, I would point to bundle commands to do things like this, but it's not clear how it could be done in this case. I guess a bundle command should be able to tell MailMate to apply a filter to the current mailbox and then delete the resulting messages. I'll give that some thought.

For now, you could, e.g., double-click the sender (or maybe the subject) and then hit ⌘A before hitting delete. Then hit escape to return to the mailbox.

That's pretty much exactly what I do now, except I want to keep the most recent message rather than delete them all, so I can't use ⌘A.

Thanks.

-Eric