I just wrote an email which contained a lot of in-line images which scaled out of the viewport of my compose window. This made it quite difficult to compose/proofread the message as I was scrolling across large swaths of images in the preview pane.

I searched through the manual and found no mention of scaling images to fit the window. I also searched the archives and only found one post mentioning the same

[A. Takacs wrote](https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate@lists.freron.com/msg00698.html):

May I suggest some preference to automatically scale the image ? For instance if I drop a picture taken form my iPhone it will (unless I rescale it in some photo editing software) show up as a huge picture.

I wholeheartedly agree. I would love an option(s) to scale in-line images to fit the viewing window in all contexts (message preview, Inbox, All Messages, etc.).