Let me piggyback on this thread. My laptop developed hardware issues, so
like OP, I thought to copy the entire MailMate folder from the Application
Support and com.freron.MailMate.plist from Preferences to the temp
computer. Why should  copy just the plists and prefs and refetch all the
mails? With 100k mails in dozen IMAP accounts, this will take a while.