On 19 Feb 2019, at 9:57, John Cooper wrote:

Robert Brenstein wrote (at 6:47 on 19 Feb 2019):

You can drag and drop text onto a new message window from another window. It works. Personally, I find it more useful since the app is “hidden” in the apps folder.

Presumably, one would drag the text to the MailMate icon in the Dock, where it will always be present while it is running, and where many users will have it if it is not. I think Sam's idea is a good one.

Yes, that’s what I had in mind. Thanks John.
-sam