Hi all,

I find myself in possession of a bunch of MBOX files that I’d like to browse using MailMate, without having to upload them to one of my IMAP accounts. The recommendation for this seems to be to install Dovecot on my Mac and import them there.

I got about half an hour into tweaking config files and squinting at error messages and realized that this is not the best use of my time.

So, does anyone have step-by-step instructions for setting up Dovecot for this kind of use?

Or better yet, does anyone know of a plug-and-play .app/VM/container that runs a self-contained Dovecot?

Thanks in advance!
-sam