On 23 Aug 2019, at 6:25, Erik Mueller-Harder wrote:

Andrew, thank you for thinking of this.

Yes, we are painfully aware of how boorish our president is (at best), and do apologize.

That would be the "royal we", right?!

I hope we’ll be able to return to politeness, civility, and statesmanship very soon.

Sure, as soon as BOTH sides quit appealing to the sound-bite audience, and the general population on BOTH sides starts thinking for themselves and actually holds their elected "representatives" responsible for their words and actions.

Now, can we get back on-topic?  Politics has NO business here.

PS - If you have to apologize for being off-topic up front, DON'T POST - it's off-topic! Find a more suitable outlet, of which there are plenty on the friction' Internet!