I have been using MailMate for 25 days now and was writing an email that I wanted to go to a subset of my contacts. My primary program for contacts is Busy Contacts. Within Busy Contacts I have a group of contacts I named Email. This is a group of people I will email occasionally. With Apple Mail I could open Busy Contacts, hold down the ⌘ (command) key, select the recipients and drag them to either the “CC” or “BCC” fields of the email I was composing. This does not work with MailMate. With Apple’s contacts nothing happens, with Busy Contacts it copies over the contacts physical address and phone number and with Cardhop only the name is copied over.

Some of you might be thinking why doesn’t he just start typing names and let them autocomplete. The answer to this is that I have a large group of people that I email occasionally and I do not remember every name in the list. Additionally I limit the recipients in this list to those who I believe are really interested in the topic.

--

Bruce Lynn