I think a user might find it surprising if messages that are NOT selected were deleted.
-sam

On 3 Sep 2020, at 15:52, Antonio Leding wrote:

Hi Sam,

So the delete-the-entire-thread when collapsed makes sense to me as well and I’m not suggesting that should change. But my expectation was that when a message is deleted, all of its children would also be deleted regardless of the thread being expanded or collapsed. Basically that the current collapsed behavior would also occur when expanded as well.

Of course, all messages above the highlighted message would remain unmodified…