Hi,

Impossible for me to create a password for Mailmate in Office 365.

Can someone help me?

cordialy

---

**Olivier Bedouelle**
Gérant
+33 1 76 43 34 34

Sauvaje
Chemin rural n°12
78114 Magny les hameaux
[Sauvaje.fr](https://sauvaje.fr)

On 9 Oct 2020, at 21:39, Olivier Bedouelle wrote:

Hi,

I don't understand. It doesn't work.

Cordially

---

**Olivier Bedouelle**
Gérant
+33 1 76 43 34 34

Sauvaje
Chemin rural n°12
78114 Magny les hameaux
[Sauvaje.fr](https://sauvaje.fr)

On 9 Oct 2020, at 18:35, Bill Cole wrote:

On 9 Oct 2020, at 11:42, Olivier Bedouelle wrote:

Hello,

I have a new office 365 email account and I can't set up Mailmate correctly.

I receive mail but I can't send any.

Can you help me?

Sincerely

1. Use the settings at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-for-outlook-com-d088b986-291d-42b8-9564-9c414e2aa040

2. Use Microsoft's security facility to create an application-specific password.

3. Attempt to send a message in MM using the Microsoft account. It will fail with a verbose and obscure error message.

4. Check your Inbox. There should be a new message with the subject "Please sign in to your Outlook.com account" (or maybe the rough equivalent in French?) with a link to a verification page. Follow the instructions.

5. Try again to send the message from (3) above. It should now go through.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire

*Sauvaje • Les jardiniers du vivant*
Chemin rural n° 12 - 78114 Magny les Hameaux
sauvaje.fr <http://www.sauvaje.fr>