I don't know how navigating with the space bar works, and I'm not sure how you want it to work; it seems very different from how I use MailMate.

But if navigating through smart mailboxes works the way you want it to, then why not set up smart mailboxes exactly as you want them? You can duplicate your Sources section, by defining each smart mailbox to contain exactly what the corresponding Sources mailbox contains, or adjust your smart mailboxes to be even better for your needs. You don't have to use the smart mailboxes MailMate comes with, and you can rearrange your smart mailboxes however you like.

Shoshanna Green