On 2 Feb 2021, at 21:50, Brandon Schneider wrote:

Hello all,

While cleaning up my drive, I noticed my MailMate folder has kept every single message that is in my Archive folder in IMAP. Which is about 9 gigs. Is there an option to tell MailMate to *not* download any messages locally like this? Just keep them all in the IMAP server and look them up when needed?

Nope.

There's not a good way for a mail client to support the search & Smart Mailbox features of MailMate without keeping the whole mailstore locally.

It's a reasonable choice to exclude /Users/dad/Library/ApplicationSupport/MailMate/Messages from backups, especially for backups like TimeMachine that scan whole directories if one item changes.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire