On 2021-05-03 at 10:34:12 UTC-0400 (Mon, 03 May 2021 07:34:12 -0700)
Randall Gellens <mailmate@lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

On 2 May 2021, at 18:43, Bill Cole wrote:

On 2 May 2021, at 20:01, Randall Gellens wrote:

Thanks, I'd forgotten about subscriptions. But where do I set it? The Edit IMAP Account setting is only one pane, with no mention of subscriptions. I've hunted through the menus.

You don't see an "Edit Subscriptions" button in the center section under the other IMAP Server settings?

Ah, thank you, it's there but I missed it.

However, the new mailboxes aren't in the list.

That's where I would start examining the IMAP sessions in MM's Activity Viewer and/or running manual IMAP sessions with something like the OpenSSL s_client tool. Maybe also check the IMAP server to make sure that it is recognizing the manually-created mailboxes. E.g. for Dovecot & Courier (and maybe all Maildir++ implementations?) there must be a zero-length file named maildirfolder and cur/new/tmp subdirectories in every maildir.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire