On 2021-05-04 at 12:39:32 UTC-0400 (Tue, 04 May 2021 18:39:32 +0200)
Stefan Dorscht <mailmate@lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

Hi Bill,

Thank you, you stubbed me in the right direction.
As you can see, I tried to change the MmReplyWroteString.

But, %A (= The full weekday name according to the current locale.) and %B (= The full month name according to the current locale.) is in english. I assume that is because MailMates curent locale is english?

I would think so. You need to set the primary language in the "Languages and Regions" panel of the System Preferences and restart MailMate to get the right locale settings active. You can confirm the currently active locale environment variables by opening a new window in Terminal and entering "locale" which will give you something like this:

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

OR:

LANG="de_CH.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_CH.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="de_CH.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_CH.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_CH.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_CH.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_CH.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

If only want to use a particular locale with a single program like MailMate, you can start it in a Terminal session with an environment override:

LC_ALL=de_CH.UTF-8 /Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire