I just received a new machine; downloaded a new copy of MailMate (5673), but copied two items:
  • ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate
  • ~/Library/Preferences/com.freron.MailMate.plist
from my old computer (running Catalina) to this new one.

I'm now getting the message:
"Software Update Disabled
MailMate is running on a read-only filesystem and can therefore not be updated."

I don't believe this to be true (although this is my first experience with Big Sur 😡 so who knows) since the application itself lives in a folder in my home directory (~/Applications/, where I put *all* non-Apple applications, and I've not experienced any issues with those [yet]).

Any suggestions?

randy