Hi Nic,

the initial submailbox configuration was actually pretty simple. I just set
"Submailbox for each unique value of" to "Flags >> Color".

Now, digging again into MailMate's settings, I've actually found a solution to
my problem: In addition to "Flags >> Color", there's now also "Flags >>
Colorname" which does exactly what I want. I think the option wasn't there the
last time I looked, so maybe it got added in one of the prerelease versions
that I only very recently updated to.

Btw, the above solution did raise a tiny follow-up issue: The submailboxes were
sorted alphabetically by colorname which was not ideal for me. Though there
doesn't seem to be a way to manually reorder submailboxes, I was able to tackle
this by changing the Mailbox name format to ${#flags.#color}
${#flags.#colorname}.

Cheers
Stephan