Techworks Pro Co.
E: info<at>techworkspro<dot>com
W: http://techworkspro.com

On 13 Sep 2022, at 23:03, Bill Cole wrote:

On 2022-09-13 at 21:22:48 UTC-0400 (Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:22:48 +0000)
Henry Seiden <mailmate@lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

Yes. Those show where the counter icon is to be located, and is labeled as such in the menu, SFAIK. Nothing to do with sound, right?

No, not right.

Each of the 4 radio buttons on the icon on the left side selects a distinct set of Counter settings on the right side. Each of the 4 Counters specifies a single mailbox, a selected type of message being counted, and the notification mechanisms, including what sound to play when the count changes.

That Preferences pane has been confusing MM users for a decade. I understand why Benny did it that way, as it makes sense from a coding point of view. I don't have any brilliant ideas for a different way to present the functionality that isn't mystifying.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire