Randall Meadows wrote (at 3:26 PM on Friday, September 8, 2023):

I have this keybinding set ... so that I can hit "d-d" to mark the selected messages as read and move them to the trash folder. This works for all my accounts *except* for my iCloud account; in this case, it'll do the MOVE, but NOT the MARK.

Since I use the Unread smart mailboxes to keep up with what needs dealt with, having unread messages in a Trash mailbox is counterproductive.

Anyone else seen this?  Know why?  Know how to make it work?

Don't know why the keybinding doesn't work, but why not just edit the conditions of the Unread mailbox to include "Source is not [IMAP location of Trash]"? That's what works for me.