> On May 16, 2017, at 12:26 PM, Michael Peddemors <mich...@linuxmagic.com>
> wrote:
>
> On 17-05-16 12:14 PM, Andreas Schamanek wrote:

>>> hahahaha. you are very optimistic.
>>
>> Maybe, but I still love the idea of organizing an Internatinal
>> Fix-Your-SPF day.
>>

> hehe... I would settle for a 'banks fix your SPF records day'.
>
> But in reality, we still can't get most people to even properly configure
> PTR/DNS records.. let alone SPF..

Because in large, international corporations there are processes.

I worked with a bank a few years ago looking at authentication. It took an
inconceivable amount of time just to identify which country IT group held the
authoritative records for rDNS and who needed to approve changes. Because, no,
you don’t want some J. Random Person authorizing DNS changes.

“A Day” is just not going to happen in the real world. Even just for banks.

laura

--
Having an Email Crisis?  800 823-9674

Laura Atkins