On 15/12/2017 10:29, st...@greengecko.co.nz wrote:

> December 15, 2017 1:12 PM, "Noel Butler" <noel.but...@ausics.net> wrote:
>
> On 15/12/2017 09:27, Grant Taylor via mailop wrote:
> On 12/14/2017 03:28 PM, Brandon Long via mailop wrote: My point is that -all
> is policy, and most people ignore the policy portions of SPF because it
> completely fails a lot of forwarding cases.
> Every postmaster (or organization behind them) has the prerogative to run
> their mail server(s) the way that they want to.

Agreed, if I publish a -all (which I do and have done for a very very
long time), I expect receivers doing SPF processing of my domains
messages, to honor that! Who the hell are they to assume they know my
network and its senders better than me.
  You really don't have any rights over an email once delivered, and
given just how hard it is to ensure your SPF is followed in these days
of mobile devices I don't think you should. Expect the receiving mail
platform to use the published policy to score a message sure, but not to
dictate delivery.

Sorry if this point has been made before.

But its not delivered in most cases, SPF checking should be done on the
MTA, yes yes yes yes, i'm very aware some people choose to not do it
that way, but most providers I've comer across do use MTA, so therefor
the message is not accepted for delivery.

If we all start making decisions over those who expect a different
result, WTF is the whole point. Are you going to allow your users to get
phished because you chose to score rather than honor the banks -all, you
need to remember most people are not technical, they dont read half the
crap that gets put in a report, so congratulations you've just allowed a
bunch of 80yo non tech grandparents from being phished because you said
the bank doesnt know what they are doing and let their message through
so they could click on the fraudulent link and lose half their life
savings.

and the "mobile users" debate is about 15 years too late, if they want
to use our domains, they can use our submission servers :)

--
Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

                This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally
privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://www.adobe.com/