On Fri, 2018-02-02 at 17:26 +0100, Chris wrote:
> I'm a bit surprised, that on a small mail server, 77 % of the rejected
> mails are rejected because of invalid recipient adresses. 22 % because
> of DNSBL.
>
> Is this ratio normal?

Assuming you're talking about inbound emails and wondering why more mails
aren't being caught by RBLs.

It depends on the domains hosted on the box (age and overall exposure),
what RBLs you employ and, crucially, the order in which your MTA processes
things - i.e. does the address check occur before the RBL tests etc.

If you could provide more details, I'm sure the answers will be more
specific.

Ken.

--
Ken O'Driscoll / We Monitor Email
t: +353 1 254 9400 | w: www.wemonitoremail.com

Need to understand deliverability? Now there's a book:
www.wemonitoremail.com/book