> Yes, inbound. I'm wondering why there are so many mails to not-existing
> recipients.
> Anything more than 5% bad recipients in mail sent by a given IP address will
> land you in hot water with ... certain ISPs. 😊

Here's the explanation I give when I have to explain why high hard bounce rate
= bad: once upon a time, spammers thought that maybe they'll manage to reach an
existing email address if they tried to contact every combination of accepted
characters in the user part of email addresses. Starting with a@, aa@, aaa@ to
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz@, with numbers or without. At some point they thought that
using a dictionary of firstnames and/or lastnames could spare some time, as a
lot of email addresses are built this way.
That was spam.
That generated a lot of hard bounces.
Receivers started to consider that lot of hard bounces = spam.

--
Benjamin

Anything more than 5% bad recipients in mail sent by a given IP address will
land you in hot water with ... certain ISPs. 😊

Aloha,
Michael.
--
Michael J Wise