> they know at least one person there with some interest in their email
> reputation
That's quite a shortcut as they certainly know someone who's interested in good
deliverability but that doesn't make know how it works.
There _should_ be something who cares about the topic, yes.
But in the case of abuse I'd rather contact the legal department or something
like this, although I don't see what they could do.

> Also, if they control the servers (as they do in this case, it being a CNAME
> to mailgun.org) they are the responsible party, and likely the party that can
> mitigate or fix the issue, if anyone can.
I don't get this point; if someone else abuses the domain name, how could the
person responsible for the domain name take any action?

> Also, also if it's an affiliate issue that's generally a sign that the
> customer has some serious problems that'll spill over into their legitimate
> mail streams, so their ESP might want to be aware of that.
Yeah but that's not abusing a domain name, it's doing dumb things with expected
consequences.

--
Benjamin

They can typically pass information on to someone appropriate at the client, as
they know at least one person there with some interest in their email
reputation.

Also, if they control the servers (as they do in this case, it being a CNAME to
mailgun.org) they are the responsible party, and likely the party that can
mitigate or fix the issue, if anyone can.

Also, also if it's an affiliate issue that's generally a sign that the customer
has some serious problems that'll spill over into their legitimate mail
streams, so their ESP might want to be aware of that.

Cheers,
  Steve