Dave Warren via mailop wrote:
That seems excessive and gross. Any reason you wouldn't just buy a new license and call it a day?

That actually sounds more like they accidentally hired a commissioned sales rep from a competitor. But maybe that's just me.

On 2018-02-06 14:14, Marc Goldman via mailop wrote:
I appreciate that Dave - which is why most people build recurring model businesses.

However…I was presented a bill for the retroactive support that would have been 3X what the cost of a license was.

I got from the thread that there either isn't an option or when they went to buy the new license they were given a retroactive fee as well... which would convince me to jump ship and blacklist the company from any further business if I were on the receiving end...

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/