>Using a return-path in the domain of your customer can be easy when
>you have a multi-thousands-dollars contract for each customer. But
>when you have "free" users or "few dollars per year" customers, you
>can't afford manually helping people to configure their domains so
>that you can use that in the return-path and then deal with major
>issues when the domain is "misconfigured" during a send

Why would you need to "manually help" people? SPF and DKIM can
be automated. Customers only need instructions for 3 DNS records.
Verification of those settings can be automated.

In MailPlus you can request this SPF/DKIM setting verification page:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Pxi9-uQ2MtbUdNeDByR3hqcTRHY2NyMk4zUVJscTh2clFr

It checks if your DNS settings are ok, validate if DMARC settings are not
too restrictive and will setup SPF/DKIM automatically if they are. Signing
is done in Java (and not on the mta). No hands needed anymore.

Yours,

David

On 18 February 2018 at 00:53, Dave Warren <d...@thedave.ca> wrote:

> On 2018-02-17 03:48, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately there are still some server accepting everything and
>> sending bounces without headers or malformed bounces.
>>

> This is not a small group. Every few months I get massive floods of
> bounces from some spambot that decided forging my domain is a good idea.
>
> I didn't even realize this was still a thing when I was running my own
> mail server as I've used something similar to BATV for years. But after
> switching my personal to a host that doesn't use this technique I have
> begun to realize just how much garbage goes flying by out there.

My opinion is mine.