Hello Tonya,

>Currently connections are set at 1 yet we are still seeing too many
>simultaneous sessions.  I am hoping to reach someone who can assist further.

not sure this applies to your case, but if you're applying outbound connections
limits to a destination domain, and the destination MX manages multiple
domains, you might in fact be opening more than 1 simultaneous concurrent
connection to that MX.
You count 1 open connection from your MTA to virginmedia.com and 1 to
ntlworld.com, but they are seeing 2 connections from your IP to their MXs.

Or, your MTA might in fact be exceeding configured limits during specific queue
conditions.

Both of the above are from direct experience.

HTH
Davide

Davide Migliavacca
cto, ContactLab