> In my experience with the banking industry, they think of their email as
> something that their customers always want to read for sure. Unless you've
> handled the "double opt-in" yourself, I would be skeptical about that. Look
> for typoed email addresses as those are a telltale sign of hand-entered
> registrations.
>
> Given your description, I think that these subscribers aren't really that
> interested in the bank's messages.
>
> Never an easy speech to give to your customer.

It's just become a whole lot easier though - wave GDPR at them.

Anne

Anne P. Mitchell,
Attorney at Law
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Legislative Consultant
CEO/President, Institute for Social Internet Public Policy
Legal Counsel: The CyberGreen Institute
Legal Counsel: The Earth Law Center
Member, California Bar Association
Member, Cal. Bar Cyberspace Law Committee
Member, Colorado Cyber Committee
Member, Board of Directors, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Ret. Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of San Jose
Ret. Chair, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop