An ESP called PostmarkApp publishes their own "time to inbox" metrics and
updates them every five minutes. Their numbers may be a good benchmark
reference point for you. See https://status.postmarkapp.com/

They've generously published Ruby code for their "time to inbox"
measurement tool, in case anyone wants to conveniently measure and track
their own system's delivery latency:
https://postmarkapp.com/blog/mailhandler-stopwatch-for-email-delivery

(Suggestion for the PostmarkApp team: Use examples that *discourage* people
from putting username/password credentials in code. The credentials often
end up on GitHub and are stolen by bad actors who then use them for
spamming/phishing. Instead, one option is to have the code read the
credentials from environment variables or other arguments at run time.)