On 05/25/2018 04:32 AM, Leo Gaspard via mailop wrote:
Just for the record, OpenSMTPD supports queue encryption with the `queue encryption` option.

Nice.

I'll have to look into that, particularly how it does things. I'm assuming that it encrypts / decrypts individual files / message stores.

I guess (hope?) other MTAs do support it too.

I've not heard this of a feature for any traditional unix MTAs. (Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail, etc.)

I know that Lotus Domino can do it. (I don't know if it's done by default or not.)

I suspect that Exchange can have an encrypted .edb file, but I don't know. - As I type this, I don't know that the mail queue is in the .edb file. It may just be files on the NTFS file system. So that may mean that you would need to leverage NTFS' encrypted file system and control access to the decryption key via group membership.

I have no idea if GroupWise supports encrypted queues or not.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die