> Il 29 novembre 2018 alle 17.55 "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." <amitch...@isipp.com>
> ha scritto:
>
> > On Nov 29, 2018, at 4:33 AM, Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net> wrote:
> >
> > you're of course speaking from U.S.A. law point,  NEWSFLASH: the U.S.A is
> > not the only country in the world that uses this thing called The Internet
> > (I know it will be hard for americans to grasp that fact, but, suck it up)
>
> Noel, I was responding to John Levine, a colleague whom I know to be in the
> U.S..

John is known for making this point impartially to everyone (including myself),
up to when you learn to trim your signature whenever you post to a mailing list
where he could be a subscriber :-)

My personal take on this is that we should just be less name-calling and more
tolerant of each other's [company's] opinions. IANAL, so if my employer's
lawyers think that this is useful and necessary under my own jurisdiction,
which is also not the U.S., I just go with their opinion; at the same time, as
a courtesy to everyone when I write to mailing lists that are public anyway, I
just don't write anything that could ever be considered confidential and spend
two seconds per message to change the default signature to something less
byte-consuming.

Regards,
--

Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bert...@open-xchange.com