On 01/08/2019 12:46 PM, John Levine wrote:
Why would spam trap domains want to say anything?

So that their domain(s) would be ineligible to be listed.

Something as simple as the following would render a sending domain ineligible.

   From: postmaster@domain.eample
   Subject: I send email.

   I send email, please do not add my domain to your list.

That doesn't give any details about what the domain other than the fact that it does still occasionally send email.

I think this would be most useful if a domain was listed and needed to be delisted.

What would tbe point of this BL be other than listwashing?

Senders could use it to list wash.

Receivers could use it to reject email from listed defunct domains. Domains which likely don't have SFP or other mechanisms to indicate that they don't send email.

It's just an idea that would make the data that Benjamin is talking about publishing available in such a way that an MTA can consume it.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die