On 24/04/2019 10:51, Laura Atkins wrote:

You cut the portion of the previous post I was specifically responding to. Specifically this sentence:

“[MS employees should] be able to guess if you're a probable spammer or a legitimate sender who's been caught out, and then be helpful or not based on that.”

I was pointing out that it’s not that easy . And, given they're guessing, perhaps they guessed wrong.

I wasn't suggesting that they unblock an IP address based on a 'guess', but that if the recent mail from that IP address looks legit, they could spend a bit more time on it, and maybe give the sending admin a bit more advice - eg 'your SPF records are wrong' or 'the IP address has a bad reputation, this is a link to how to resolve that' or something rather than their current useless 'not eligible for mitigation, now go away, and don't reply to this message' response.

If they DO unblock an IP address, then they're quick enough to block it again if necessary (which is the right thing to do).

--

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800

Sign up for news & updates at http://www.pscs.co.uk/go/subscribe