On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 23:22:59 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

>Dnia 24.10.2019 o godz. 15:11:23 Kelly Molloy via mailop pisze:
>>
>> Yes, it certainly can be. If an email causes a user to install
>> ransomware on a corporate network, then it is an enormous and
>> expensive problem; it's put companies out of business. If a phishing
>> message means that an company gets infected with malware, the
>> remediation is hugely expensive.
>
>Protecting against malware is not a spam filter's job...

You may have failed to notice Kelly's wording:  "causes a user to install".

No anti-malware facility yet devised would have protected my Brazilian client
from one particular attack, because there was absolutely no indication of any
sort that a compromise was intended by a particular message, which looked for
all the world like the stuff the finance department received every day.  Some
rather nerdy and introspective anti-spam rules nabbed it.

mdr
--
  The world was almost won by such an ape!
    The nations put him where his kind belong.