On 2020-03-22 16:20, Nick Stallman via mailop wrote:
I got one of these the other day and I'm scratching my head about it as what's in the report cannot possibly be correct.

The report was for a domain we host the website for, but the domain has no email at all. The account referenced is also not a valid website login or anything else I can think of.

It's not terribly useful if I'm going to be getting red herrings like that.

It's been my experience that MOST of them are going to be red-herrings. I've seen a whole pile of such forged addresses with userids/passwords that I knew were completely impossible.

Imagine how useful it's going to be if you have a lot of spamtraps. I mean, a *LOT* of spamtraps.

There's a reason why we're not doing the same thing.