On 24 Mar 2020, at 16:52, Michael Peddemors via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:
> Like others on the list pointed out, if you send 'noise' then people will
> simply 'tune out' to your reports. While I commend you for looking at ways to
> help address the problem, you might want to have a smaller set of more
> accurate reports, and then widen it bit by bit, rather than the other way
> around.

If I might add an extra bit of weight to the "noise" point: albeit operating at
a vastly smaller scale than many here, the Abuseix report we got at $workplace
tied up a member of the security team, 3 members of staff (whose accounts had
not and never have been compromised but were incovenienced nonetheless) and
colleagues on the service desk for an appreciable amount of time yesterday.

This at a point where world events dictate that we simply don't have that time,
*especially* our first line guys.

I'm still not quite sure I understand the methodology myself.

Graeme (wearing work hat)