On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 02:07:10PM +0200, Hetzner Blacklist via mailop wrote:
> Just a quick heads-up: Webiron appears to be having issues. Their
> website is down, and their blacklists (combined in all.rbl.webiron.net)
> are listing the world.

Thanks Bastiaan!

The domain was last updated Apr 22.

However, the name servers for the .net are on the corresponding .com,
which was updated four days ago, May 7 - and the new nameservers for
that domain are...

drum roll...

   Name Server: NS1.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM
   Name Server: NS2.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM

which probably explains why there is a problem.

$ host 2.0.0.127.all.rbl.webiron.net
2.0.0.127.all.rbl.webiron.net has address 208.91.197.132

$ host -t txt 2.0.0.127.all.rbl.webiron.net
2.0.0.127.all.rbl.webiron.net descriptive text "v=spf1 a -all"

I guess I wasn't expecting to see a SPF record. :-D

As for the functional listings, you get a wildcard pointing to what I
think would usually be a web server for parked domain names.

If your DNSBL use isn't checking for the result codes to be in the
127.x.x.x range, you would be up shit creek right about now, yes.

> Their live feed bot stopped tweeting around 3 weeks ago:
> https://twitter.com/WebironBots
>
> This has happened with other blacklists, and might just be a temporary
> issue, but is often the start of the end.
>
> If anybody is using them to filter/reject emails, you might want to
> change that (at least temporarily) to avoid false positives.
>
> Kind regards
> Bastiaan

Thanks,
--