Is it possible that a complaint that a postmaster's note about what he
thinks his users like can't be trusted because it lacks a
scientifically rigorous study might possibly be off topic for an
operational considerations list? Asking for a friend.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 11:44 AM Dave Crocker via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> On 7/27/2020 7:59 AM, Marcel Becker via mailop wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 3:55 AM Dave Crocker <d...@dcrocker.net
> > <mailto:d...@dcrocker.net>> wrote:
> >

> >> My quote above did not claim that. I explained why we participate
> > in BIMI.
> >
> > Perhaps you have data to support a claim of differential user
> > behavior?
> >

> > I am not sure you read what I wrote.
>

> Ahh, I see my query was too mild and too superficial.  I am guessing
> that you think your speaking from authority:
>
> On 7/22/2020 3:45 PM, Marcel Becker via mailop wrote:
> > However the majority of our users prefer meaningful avatars and
> > brand logos in their email experience as it helps them identify email
> > senders and it helps with them with triaging.
>
> makes my query redundant, but of course my query wasn't for your
> reassuring conclusion but for the sharing of research data that allows
> others to evaluate the methodology and the results on their own.
>
> d/
> --
> Dave Crocker
> Brandenburg InternetWorking