On 9/25/2020 9:36 AM, Michael via mailop wrote:
> What's the consensus on sendgrid.net? I don't know anything about
> them, but I had the impression that they were a reputable company.
> Lately, I've noticed a lot of phishing emails coming from them. Does
> anyone just block them completely?

I've been very saddened.  Sendgrid was a reputable ESP that has fallen
from grace.  About 6-7 months ago, we started seeing pretty large
amounts of spam from them.  I've personally tried reaching out to Twilio
/ Sendgrid leadership to alert them to the issue.

The KAM.cf ruleset has rules that mark sendgrid higher due to the
proclivity for phishes.

Krebs as done an article on it:
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/08/sendgrid-under-siege-from-hacked-accounts/

mailop, the SA mailing list and others have all discussed the issue for
months.

Invaluement released a plugin / list for this issue as well - See
https://www.invaluement.com/serviceproviderdnsbl/

Until Sendgrid acknowledges and works to resolve the issue, I must
recommend that they are avoided.

Regards,

KAM