Well after a really helpful reply from GMX support I found a slight mistake in
the To: header which I didn't notice except after some RFC5322 reading and
manual address parsing:

The To: line contains an invalid "display-name" because the "@" is unencoded,
which is invalid (it can appear in a double-quote enclosed string, or must be
encoded).

Tricky... Big thumbs up to GMX support for pointing out that header line.

Now I'll need to find out what broken MUA my colleague is using.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

12. März 2021 13:58, "Hans-Martin Mosner via mailop" <mailop@mailop.org
(mailto:mailop@mailop.org?to=%22Hans-Martin%20Mosner%20via%20mailop%22%20<mailop@mailop.org>)>
 schrieb:
Am 12.03.21 um 11:53 schrieb Arne Allisat via mailop: Sorry. Me again.

Two things: Some people experience temp rejects with an c=irlims message.I
thought that is your case as well, but it isn’t.

In your case it is an c=hi and you are pointed to the „Sending mail to GMX“
page (https://www.gmx.net/mail/senderguidelines/
(https://www.gmx.net/mail/senderguidelines/)), right?
That means one or more of your header are malformed.

First three bullets of that page tell you exactly what to do.

//Arne
As I wrote "as far as we can see, we're not doing anything wrong" :-) Of course
I checked the bullet points.
        * Make sure that your mail server and client time and date are
correctly set as specified in RFC 5322
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322#section-3.3).

 This is a postfix system, I'm pretty certain Wietse wouldn't let any code into
postfix that does not conform to RFCs. The server has an NTP-synchronized clock
as every server should, and of course the dates and times are right (names in