On 2021-09-07 23:24:48 (+0800), Andre van Eyssen via mailop wrote:
On Tue, 7 Sep 2021, Michael Peddemors via mailop wrote:
She should find a local hosting provider, someone that she can pick up the phone and call, but of course you get what you pay for.

I've found this thread a little amusing in that we spend so much time railing against the power held by so few major mail providers, yet are so quick to recommend people to the big players.

It's a little difficult to recommend a local hosting provider without knowing what "local" means. Anne's original email did not specify.

Catering to this particular demographic is tricky though. I agree that sending their business (or any business) to the large mail providers is bad for the greater email ecosystem. On the other hand, a boutique email provider may struggle to explain to this demographic why their emails aren't being delivered to mailboxes hosted by the large mail providers.

There isn't much of a middle ground.  Unfortunately.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer