Il 30/12/2021 04:39, John Levine via mailop ha scritto:
It appears that Mark Foster via mailop<blak...@blakjak.net>  said:
Maybe I need to be clear that I both use Roundcube, and operate it on a
private MTA. I havn't seen how my HTTP(S) IP address was encoded in any
emails i've sent using Roundcube, even as the operator of that platform.

Perhaps I missed something.
Nope. There's a plugin that adds an x-originating-ip header but unless
you use it, there's no way to tell the connecting user's IP without
access to the roundcube web logs.

https://github.com/corbosman/dovecot_ident

Just for the record, I'd advise to use this plugin <https://gitlab.com/takerukoushirou/roundcube-dovecot_client_ip> instead, which

 * supports more http headers, making roundcube aware of originating
   client IPs even when behind a proxy;
 * has more comprehensive documentation;
 * only loads for necessary roundcube "tasks" (mail + login), see my
   patch and discussion with the plugin maintainer on MR !1

<https://gitlab.com/takerukoushirou/roundcube-dovecot_client_ip/-/merge_requests/1>.

Nico