On 1/11/22 2:21 PM, Michael Peddemors via mailop wrote:
On 2022-01-11 11:04 a.m., Mark G Thomas via mailop wrote:
Here's an example from one ticket, however I'm more looking for whether
there is anything I can do to facilitate improving this overall, then
starting trying to intervene about (many!) specific tickets and IPs. I
would be happy to help with more details off-list, if so requested. I
also could relay suggestions or procedural instructions to our support
group.

    redac...@enlogic.gr: host enlogic-gr.mail.protection.outlook.com[104.47.17.74]     said: 550 5.7.511 Access denied, banned sender[172.104.233.127]. To request
    removal from this list please forward this message to
    del...@messaging.microsoft.com. For more information please go to
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=526653. AS(1410)
    [DB8EUR05FT065.eop-eur05.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Mark

No comments on Linode spamming, but looking at this, have to comment.

host enlogic.gr
enlogic.gr has address 172.105.85.167
enlogic.gr mail is handled by 0 enlogic-gr.mail.protection.outlook.com

host 172.104.233.127
127.233.104.172.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer extmail.enlogic.gr

If microsoft thinks that the email server for that domain is their infrastructure, why would they accept any email from outside MS with that domain, if it isn't authenticated.

The rejection message looks pretty clear.. banned sender.

What is the address in the MAIL FROM, it looks liek @enlogic.gr?

The mail is being sent by 172.104.233.127, enlogic.gr is the recipient.

I too am having this issue, (also a linode customer, but no support tickets from me). I'll be posting more details later.

John