On 1/17/22 11:47 AM, John Levine via mailop wrote:
Some of us have limited enthusiasm for providing free consulting to
organizations
who for whatever reason don't manage their users' misbehavior.

My opinion about Linode is that it's not the worst but it's far from the best.

I use a small hosting provider called Tektonic that nobody has ever heard of
because nobody sees spam from them.  They have a fairly hard-nosed outgoing
mail policy, it all goes through "transparent" filters unless you can give
them a sensible reason to turn the filters off.

I am not really an "organization", just a long time IT person who has hosted my own
server for many years.

It is true I do not manage my user's behavior: my only user is my wife, and it would
not lead to a happy marriage if I tried to manage her behavior.

But the server only hosts the two of us, no mailing lists or other users. It is incredibly
small volume, and we don't bulk email anyone for any reason.

Thank you VERY much for the Tektonic recommendation.

John