On Wed, 2022-02-02 at 11:20 +0100, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote:
> Dnia  2.02.2022 o godz. 10:47:33 Carsten Schiefner via mailop pisze:
> > I start to earnestly wonder when folks [...]
> > will attempt to regain knowledge to run their own and small-scale
> > mail systems again
>
> I think it will rather go the other way

Probably.

Either it will go the other way, or folks will move away from email all
together.  I am moving away.  I miss the ability to store away in
Maildir format my correspondence and to look back in the archives to
Eudora times and earlier, but since I made the decision to prefer other
methods of electronic communication over email, I feel much better.

I still owe an answer to Bill about Walled Gardens.  It will come,
eventually, maybe, if it was not caught in the spam filter.

--
Yuval Levy, JD, MBA, CFA
Ontario-licensed lawyer