> On 22 Jul 2022, at 11:13, Slavko via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
>
> Ahoj,
>
> Dňa Fri, 22 Jul 2022 10:21:44 +0100 Laura Atkins via mailop
> <mailop@mailop.org> napísal:
>
>> ESPs have many, many problems, but the fixes being suggested here on
>> mailop are overly simplistic and evidence a lack of conceptual
>> understanding of how bulk email is sent in 2022.
>
> Sure, complex things has complex problems, no doubts.
>
> But IMO the right question is:
>
> "Are (big) ESPs interested in its (as sender) reputation at all?"

I’ll point out, this isn’t an ESP only problem. Two of the biggest sources of
spam right now are O365 and Google IP addresses. They are actually a bigger
problem in my (mostly unfiltered for reasons) inbox than any ESP.

I’m agreeing there is a problem with ESPs and have said so to ESPs individually
and as a group over the last few weeks.

The ESPs are interested in sender reputation. But, in this context, reputation
means “Our mail gets accepted at the ISPs”. In that context their reputation is
fine. They’re not being blocked. Specific customers may have delivery problems,
but a lot of the modern machine learning filters are very good at blocking the
problem customers without blocking the good ones.

laura

--
The Delivery Experts

Laura Atkins