On 8/3/22 11:34 AM, Jarland Donnell via mailop wrote:
I mean, do you honestly want to admit publicly that you don't understand why it's a good security practice to disable insecure SSL protocols and ciphers? I shouldn't even have to point to that, you should have to already know that to be given root to anything.

First, I didn't admit that I don't understand why it's a good security practice to disable insecure SSL protocols and ciphers. I very well understand why insecure SSL protocols and ciphers should be abandoned.

Second, I'm okay admitting things. I've found that admitting my faults garners others trust in my statements when something is not the case.

Third, I asked for clarification about or pointers supporting your "well respected security practice to consider plain text to be more secure than insecure SSL" statement.

Specifically "plain text to be more secure than insecure SSL".

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die